Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VeggiesWithMcCain #CollectiveBias
Is there anything easier on a busy weeknight than a sheet pan dinner? The answer is no! This miso salmon is one of my go-to recipes for busy nights. I can have it in the oven quickly and when I add McCain® Potato & Cauliflower Veggie Taters™ to the pan, the whole meal cooks in about 15 minutes. My daughter recently came around to liking salmon which has made my meal planning so much easier. Give it a try, you won’t believe how easy and tasty it is!
Start by marinating salmon. I always buy wild caught salmon and ask for the skin to be removed. To make the marinade, whisk together miso (soybean paste), soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and maple syrup. Add the salmon filets to a bowl with the sauce and let them marinate for about 15 minutes.
On a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, on one half add the salmon filets and on the other half add McCain® Potato & Cauliflower Veggie Taters™.
If you find it challenging to get your kids to eat certain vegetables (how many times can you make broccoli or green beans!), these veggie taters are the answer! Made with real vegetables, they are full of flavor and will appeal to both kids and adults. This is a perfect side dish to keep in the freezer for those busy nights when you want to get something on the table quickly that you can feel good about feeding your family because they contain no artificial flavors.
McCain® Veggie Taters™ are new products which come in 3 varieties: Potato, Broccoli & Cheddar, Potato & Cauliflower and Potato, Spinach & Asiago. Can’t decide which one to try first? Try them all! Click here for a $1 off coupon at your local Wakefern, Shaw’s, and DeMoulas locations. They were easy to find at my local ShopRite in Somers Point, NJ.
I keep my freezer stocked with McCain® Veggie Taters™ to make my meal preparation easier on busy weeknights.
In addition to being a perfect side dish, McCain® Veggie Taters™ are also a perfect snack or appetizer. Now that we are back in the swing of things with school and fall activities, our weeknights are busy. I need easy, healthy dishes that everyone in my family will enjoy because no one has time to make multiple meals. Miso salmon paired with McCain® Potato & Cauliflower Veggie Taters™ is a perfect meal for those busy nights!
- 4 6-ounce wild caught salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon miso (soybean paste)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic glove grated
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 box McCain® Potato & Cauliflower Veggie Taters™
- Make marinade by combining maple syrup through ginger. Combine in a bowl with a whisk or add marinade ingredients to a blender. Place salmon filets in a bowl with the marinade and let sit for about 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 425. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add McCain® Potato & Cauliflower Veggie Taters™ on one side of the sheet. Add salmon to the other side. Cook for 16 minutes, turning taters halfway through. Remove from oven and serve