The first day of spring is less than two weeks away. I’m looking forward to longer days, warmer temperatures and entertaining. When I think of spring, I think of people coming out of hibernation. With holidays like Passover, Easter and Mother’s Day coming up, you may have menu planning on your mind too. No matter who you will be entertaining, this chocolate peanut butter mousse pie will appeal to the masses. It’s easy, requires no baking and is absolutely delicious!
I love making individual desserts when I entertain. They are fun and festive. For these pie cups, start by lining cups with crushed chocolate wafers. Next, combine heavy whipping cream with peanut butter, vanilla extract and sugar. Scoop some of that peanut butter mixture into each cup and then top each up with Nestlé® Toll House® Morsels.
My husband does not like chocolate and peanut butter together (how it is that possible?) and he loved this dessert. My kids both loved it too. Pick up a bag of Nestlé® Toll House® Morsels next time you are at Walmart and prepare this chocolate peanut butter mousse pie as a special after school treat or when you are entertaining!
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup Nestle Toll House morsels
- Add 1 tablespoons to the bottom of 8 tumbler cups. In a bowl using a hand mixer, beat the whipping cream at low speed for about 4 minutes until peaks start to form. Add peanut butter and beat for another minute. Add sugar and vanilla extract, beat for another minute. Add 1/4 cup of the peanut butter mixture to each tumbler, top with another tablespoon of wafer crumbs, top with another 1/4 cup of the peanut butter mixture and finish with 1 tablespoon of Nestle Toll House morsels on top.