If you blinked, you may have missed strawberry season. That’s okay because we are just getting into blueberry season here in New Jersey which will then be followed by peach season. I took the kids blueberry picking last week at our CSA farm and they filled up buckets with blueberries. They couldn’t have tasted sweeter or fresher. We discussed endless possible recipes on the drive home. Consider yourself warned that more blueberry recipes are to come! For now, we are giving you this recipe for a blueberry frozen yogurt snack that couldn’t be easier. There are so many variations of what you could add to this recipe. We kept it simple with just three ingredients.
Fruit picking is one of my favorite activities to do with the kids. We happen to live near Hammonton, NJ which is the blueberry capitol. There are no shortage of blueberry farms near us. If you live in New Jersey, this is a great resource for finding pick your own farms.
To make our snack, we combined honey vanilla Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries and spread that out on a parchment lined baking sheet.
I gave the kids options for what to add as toppings. I suggested granola or crushed graham crackers. They chose coconut so they sprinkled some of that on top. Pop that in the freezer for a few hours and then break it or cut it up.
Kids will love this as a snack. Get creative and add whatever toppings you want!
- 3 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1.5 cups blueberries
- toppings of choice (coconut, crushed graham crackers, granola)
- Combine yogurt and blueberries. Spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle toppings and freeze for a few hours. Cut or break into pieces.
If you don't use honey vanilla yogurt, feel free to add honey and vanilla to your yogurt.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share your own recipes!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Unicorn Cream Cheese Spread // Courtney’s Sweets
- Mermaid Party Bark // Finding Zest
- Healthy Breakfast Options Kids Can Make // Eating Richly
- Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Snack // Vegging at the Shore
- Homemade Special Diet Dog Treats // My Mini Adventurer