Disclosure: Thank you to Chosen Foods for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
One thing I’ve learned over the years in the kitchen is the importance of using clean, high quality ingredients. I try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible. As a blogger, I consider myself fortunate to be given the opportunity to try new products. I was sent a bottle of coconut oil mayo from Chosen Foods to try. I love their avocado oil mayo which I used in my vegetarian chicken salad recipe so I had a feeling I would love this too. It is the star ingredient in this coleslaw recipe. It’s so clean and delicious that it barely needs much else. We added a couple other ingredients to create this healthy coleslaw recipe and the kids ate it with spoons right out of the bowl!
You start by shredding red cabbage, green cabbage and carrots in a food processor. If supervised, the food processor is a great appliance for kids to use in the kitchen. We used carrots straight from our farmers market that couldn’t have been fresher.
Once your vegetables are shredded, mix together the dressing. Combine coconut oil mayo, cider vinegar and agave nectar. Pour that over the vegetables, stir and enjoy.
Hosting a bbq or going to one? This will take you just minutes to throw together and your guests will be treated to a healthy, delicious side dish.
Chosen Foods coconut oil mayo is a much healthier alternative to traditional mayo. It is non-GMO, gluten-free, made with cage-free organic eggs and has no coconut flavor. Why coconut oil? Coconut oil supports heart health, improves brain function, boosts the immune system and improves energy and endurance. Chosen Foods coconut oil mayo is available at select Kroger locations as well as online. Want to give it a try? You can buy one, get one free with the discount code: COCONUTBOGO
- shredded red cabbage
- shredded green cabbage
- shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup Chosen Foods coconut oil mayo
- 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Between shredded cabbage and carrots, you should have about six cups of shredded vegetables. Add to a large bowl. In a small bowl whisk together coconut oil mayo, vinegar, and nectar. Pour over vegetables and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share your own recipes!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Strawberry Watermelon Popsicles/a> // Courtney’s Sweets
- Strawberry Sherbert Punch // Finding Zest
- Side Dishes for Kids that the Whole Family Will Love // Eating Richly
- Healthy Coleslaw // Vegging at the Shore
- Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies // My Mini Adventurer