What do you look for in a snack? I look for snacks that are pleasing to both the kids and grownups in my house, healthy and easy to make. These No Bake Cashew Cookie Dough Bites fit the bill. Cashews may very well be my favorite kind of nut. They are milder and softer than most nuts. I just love the flavor. Have you tried cashew butter? If not, it’s time to pick up a jar and make these delicious treats.
The original recipe from The Kitchn uses raw cashews. We had a jar of cashew butter so we made adjustments to that original recipe. Start by adding cashew butter, oats, salt and cinnamon to a food processor. Pulse it until a fine meal forms.
Next add syrup and vanilla extract. When a ball of dough starts to form, remove it from the food processor and add some mini chocolate chips. Using your hands, form the dough into balls. This is very fun for little hands to help with.
You can eat the cookie dough bites immediately or refrigerate them. My kids couldn’t wait to try these and they didn’t last long at all!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a food processor add together the oats, cashew butter, salt and cinnamon. Pulse until a fine meal forms. Add maple syrup and vanilla extract. Pulse together until ball of dough forms. Scrape mixture into a bowl and add chocolate chips. Stir together until combined. Take about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Continue with remaining dough. Refrigerate or eat at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from www.thekitchn.com
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Fresh Strawberry Lemonade Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Orange Pineapple Yogurt Smoothie // Finding Zest
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfait for Kids // Eating Richly
- No Bake Cashew Cookie Dough Bites // Vegging at the Shore
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites // My Mini Adventurer