Memorial Day is quickly approaching which means a couple of things-invitations to bbqs and the start of farmers markets. I’m so ready to see fresh, locally grown produce like strawberries. The kids and I made this delicious strawberry lime pie which will be a perfect way to use those local strawberries.
We started with a graham cracker crust. My daughter broke up graham crackers and put them in the food processor to make crumbs. To the crumbs we added coconut oil and then my son helped press the crumbs into a pie dish. We baked the shell for 10 minutes.
Next we pureed a cup of strawberries using the bottom part of our Cuisinart smart stick.
Making the filling was really quick and easy. We whipped some heavy cream, added sugar and then the strawberry puree and lime zest.
We poured that into our graham cracker shell and decorated with sliced strawberries.
Freeze that for a couple hours to make it set. When you are ready to eat, let it sit out for about 30 minutes to let it soften a bit. This is an impressive looking dessert that is fun for kids to help with and perfect for those summer parties!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (I used nonfat)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries divided
- 3 teaspoons lime zest, divided
- Preheat oven to 350. Place graham cracker crumbs in a food processor. Add coconut oil and pulse until well combined. Coat a 9 inch pie pan or glass pie dish with cooking spray. Press crumbs into pan, using your hand or back of spoon. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Puree 1 cup of sliced strawberries in a food processor. Set aside.
- Whip cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until starting to thicken. Add sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in yogurt, strawberry puree and 2 teaspoons lime zest. Pour into cooled crust. Decorate with remaining strawberries and remaining lime zest. Freeze until very firm, at least 3 hours. To serve, let soften at room temperature for about 30 minutes and then slice.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Banana Split Frozen Yogurt Bark // Courtney’s Sweets
- Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie Bowl // Momma Lew
- Strawberry Cucmber Lime Infused Water // Baby Loving Mama
- Smores Chocolate Chip Cookies // We’re Parents
- Super Moist Healthy Carrot Cake Recipe // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Ginger Snap Cookies // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- 5 Ways to Get Kids Involved in the Kitchen // O’Boy! Organic
- French Style Yogurt Cake // Can’t Google Everything