Last week the teacher at my kids’ school sent out a request for parents to bring in a fruit or vegetable snack this week. I volunteered to bring in a vegetable snack. I initially thought I would send in vegetables with ranch dressing since my kids loved the dressing so much. But then I put some more thought into it and decided to come up with a sweet treat that included a vegetable and this recipe was born. There are so many things to love about this recipe. You don’t need to bake them which makes them super quick. They are nutritious, filled with carrots and oats. Most importantly, my kids loved them. I intended to refrigerate them before we tasted them but the kids couldn’t wait. They rolled them into balls and just started eating them.
You start by pulsing some dates in the food processor. If you can find them, pitted dates will make this recipe even quicker.
Next you add the rest of the ingredients and again pulse it until the mixture comes together.
Using wet hands roll the mixture into balls and that’s it! So easy!
We all agreed that these are delicious. I’m hoping their school friends agree too!
Yields 12 balls
- 10 pitted dates
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1.5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- Add dates to a food processor and pulse until broken up into little pieces. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until mixture is formed, scraping down the sides with a spatula once. Using wet hands, roll mixture into balls and refrigerate.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Avocado Deviled Eggs // Courtney’s Sweets
- Easter Bunny Cake // Momma Lew
- Strawberry Pound Cake Parfaits for Easter // Baby Loving Mama
- Chocolate Covered Caramel Cheesecake Bites // We’re Parents
- White Chocolate Covered Grapes // Frugal Novice
- Easy Lamb Chops Recipe for the Oven // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Bunny Rabbit Pancake // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies // Step Stool Chef
- Strawberry Pineapple Kale Smoothie // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Cooking with Kids: Keeping it Safe // O’Boy! Organic
- Peaches and Cream Pie // Can’t Google Everything