You might be hearing a lot about back to school but summer is not over yet! The farmers markets are still overflowing with fabulous produce and I am savoring it every single day. I’ve been doing a lot of grilling lately because it’s easy to fire up the grill when we get back from the beach and also because when it’s hot, the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven. I love this meal because it can be cooked entirely on the grill. Pair it with a simple salad and you have the perfect dinner.
You start by brushing some husked corn and cut up peaches with oil and putting them on the grill.
After the corn and peaches come off the grill, allow them to cool slightly before removing the corn kernels from the cob and chopping the peaches.
Brush the outsides of two tortillas with oil and on the inside add cheese, cilantro, corn, peaches and more cheese (there is no such thing as too much cheese). Put that on the grill for about four minutes, gently flipping halfway though. The outside of the tortillas will have beautiful grill marks, the cheese will be gooey and the peaches and corn will be sweet and perfect. Add some of your favorite guacamole (or make my easy version) and you have the perfect summer dinner that didn’t even require turning on the oven. Enjoy!
Other fruit recipes can be found here:
- 4 ears of corn, husks removed
- 5 peaches, quartered
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or other light oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- Grease grates of grill with oil. Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush oil on corn and peaches. Sprinkle with salt. Add corn to grill first. Let cook for about 10 minutes turning halfway through. Halfway through cooking corn, add peaches. Turn after a couple of minutes. Remove corn and peaches and let cool slightly. When corn cool enough to handle, cut to remove kernels into a bowl. Chop peaches.
- Lower grill heat to medium-low. Brush outside of 2 tortillas with oil. On one tortilla add cheese, corn, peaches, cilantro and more cheese. Top with other tortilla and put on grill. Let cook for about 2 minutes or until you see grill marks. Gently flip using spatula and tongs. Cook on other side for another 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings.